Anderson Valley, Alexandra Bridge

Rides posted in here are not club rides. This area is a service only and LMATV takes no responsibilities for content listed here.

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

westcoastjack

Anderson Valley, Alexandra Bridge

Post by westcoastjack » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 am

Corrected topic and area on this one. Went in last year in Sept. with Scott from Vernon. Trying to get an old trail in there active again. Will be going in again this year. Scott is doing a scout trip in June to check access. This is his initiative. I lent a helping hand. The trail exists but is overgrown and in need of TLC. The road was good last year. We staged 14 kliks in and camped for a few days. If anyone is interested do a google search of the area. Trip(s) may happen anytime between July and September. I will keep this post updated.
get dirty,clean,repeat

westcoastjack

Re: Anderson Valley, Alexandra Bridge

Post by westcoastjack » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Corrected topic and area on this one. Went in last year in Sept. with Scott from Vernon. Trying to get an old trail in there active again. Will be going in again this year. Scott is doing a scout trip in June to check access. The road into the staging area was good last year. We staged 14 kliks in and camped for a few days.

The trail is blasted through most of the way. It's a matter of going back in and picking up sticks and taking down brush. Once that is cleared there is some shoveling to do to take out some off camber

If people are interested in exploring this area it's not too far to get to from the lower mainland. I got there in @ 2hours from Newton. With truck, trailer and quad. The trail, when completed will go from hwy #1 to close to hwy #5. Views are incredible in and around this whole area. We had a lunch break high above #1 looking down the canyon watching the trains. When camping out side trips along the power lines are a must.

Here is a quicky description. Once staged and on the quads for a short bit there is a washout that is easy and fun to pass on the quads. Past that the trail is defined up to another small washout. A few hundred more yards and your at the trail head. Easy going tree covered trail almost all the way where there is a lot of stick debris to pick up. Along the way there is a lot of history from mining and logging. The first spot where we had to do some mattock work is at the end of the open part of the stick trail. Put the big boy pants on. Once up and over and round the tree and through some more water its up a grade and into where more shoveling and mattock works is needed. Just have to make the trail wide enough to pass at that point. That's as far as we got last year. To get additional information go to Quads.ca. Login. There is an open topic titled Carolin Mine Rd.
get dirty,clean,repeat

westcoastjack

Post by westcoastjack » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Hello All. I am going up to this area which is just past Emory creek / Spuzzum on the other side of Alexandra bridge on the #1 which is past hope this Friday June 14 afternoon. I meet up with everyone, so far Scott from the Explorers, Cliff (no a different Cliff) at the salt shed on the other side of Alexandra Bridge across from the tourist attraction going to the old bridge. I will be camping. Friday leaving Tuesday afternoon. We go in on Anderson FSR.

Go in light weight if 4x2 truck. 4x4 is best for easier pull if trailer and quad. If just quad on truck no problems whatsoever.

Co-ordinates for Salt shed below

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.7085451 ... 312!8i6656

Camping around 10 -14 kliks in coordinates below.

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.6709407 ... a=!3m1!1e3

The camping spot is great flat and off the road and hidden.

I can be reached at 778 593 1744 at home. My cell is 604 862 6949. There is service at the salt shed. Texting might be best on the Friday afternoon. Before hand call my cell.

Lastly. It's about completing a trail between the two highways #1 and #5. We have done extensive work already and are hoping to push through the last kilometer on the highway #1 side this trip. Plus do some spectacular riding.
Thanks Jack
get dirty,clean,repeat

westcoastjack

Post by westcoastjack » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:56 am

https://youtu.be/D_6tm5QjomQ

Lots of Progress. We are 24 kliks of trail cleared now. Still need some help though to push through the valley. Some mattock work for sure. Get your 2lb mattock and CDN tire or bring what you got and help out. Many hands make light work! Going up again Sept 20th. Can text me for details. and tracks. 604 862 6949. I will be staying over the weekend. We stay @ 17 kliks in. Camping is flat and very private. Lots of room to turn your rig around. It's close to the trail head so short trip to where the fun is. Not all work and no play though. Many great trails. Nightly mountain ride to get cell service and a fantastic view.
get dirty,clean,repeat