West Harrison Trail Maintenance Sat. Oct.24

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

John S

West Harrison Trail Maintenance Sat. Oct.24

Post by John S » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:59 am

A number of us will be leaving Grace Lake at 9:00 am to go do a couple hours of work on the backside of Hemlock. We will be doing water mitigation work with a nice ride to the work area and continuing on a nice ride after. The ride difficulty will be low to moderate , the only difficult part or should I say scary will be going through Chaingang Canyon. If you don't want to do Chaingang or have a sxs ( which can not make it through Chaingang ) you can still come and help and we will set you up with a great ride.

Tools required would be a shovel or pickaxe.

John S

Re: West Harrison Trail Maintenance Sat. Oct.24

Post by John S » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 am

Was a perfect day for work and ride, we had 7 machines and 8 people out for the day. We were able to get all the work done on the backside of Hemlock and open up a new path around the trouble spot at the north end of Simms Trail. We also did some work on Chain Gang Canyon which allowed us to get Scott and his Rhino ( a Quads.ca member ) through with no difficulty. I would say Chain Gang is now a trail anybody should be able to do without any difficulty unless your in a Commander or some other utv of that size. Thanks to everyone who came out, I had a great day on our 80 km work and ride day. :D