The grand tour...

Went for a great ride and want to share your day with a trip report? Post here. Please make sure to use the date and area in the title please, so others may find it with a search.

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

itsmeken

The grand tour...

Post by itsmeken » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:21 am

Today John & Jody ,Greg P. and myself went for a "3 hour tour" up over Hemlock and then out via Chaingang Canyon, coming out at 16.8km on Harrison west. ...at 8:15 pm...definitely the longest môst hazardous day we ever had out there!
The trails are an absolute wreck!..huge washouts everywhere...cutting new trails in the dark..in the snow= hard work!...NOT a good idea to go there till next spring!
Just saying...

T.O.P

Re: The grand tour...

Post by T.O.P » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 am

I heard. Did you take photos at all?
T.O.P
The OP
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing - Helen Keller

John S

Post by John S » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 am

I don't know about Ken but I didn't take any pictures of damaged trail was too busy just trying to get ourselves out. The damage is something that I was not expecting , most damaged areas are locations that have needed no maintenance or a concern since trail was opened I think around 5 or 6 years ago. It was a situation in that as we kept going and darkness came turning around and going back wasn't a option for safety reasons. A ride I, Jody, Greg and Ken will never forget.

itsmeken

Post by itsmeken » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 am

I only took one picture. As John says, we were so busy trying to cut and dig our way out of that little nightmare, taking pics was the last thing on our minds. But since we were using my cell as a flashlight once in a while, I took a pic looking forward...all trees, snow, and headlights...lol
Jody took a few tho...but I think her battery went dead before dark.
Don't even think of going up there till spring...its a major disaster !
We are going to need all the help we can get to fix this up...no excuses!

itsmeken

Post by itsmeken » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:46 am

I only took one picture. As John says, we were so busy trying to cut and dig our way out of that little nightmare, taking pics was the last thing on our minds. But since we were using my cell as a flashlight once in a while, I took a pic looking forward...all trees, snow, and headlights...lol
Jody took a few tho...but I think her battery went dead before dark.
Don't even think of going up there till spring...its a major disaster !
We are going to need all the help we can get to fix this up...no excuses!

Greg P

Post by Greg P » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm

This will require machine work, as there is too much to do by hand. The same goes with the bottom end of Weaver ( just after the bridge ) and up to the look out.