Walian Bridge Build

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

John S

Re: Wallian Bridge Build

Post by John S » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 am

Hey Jack, sorry for late response. Greg and ken will be at Grace lake for 9:00 and the wrench socket sizes are 1" and 1 1/4". See you in the morning. Thanks

John S

Post by John S » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:56 am

The 70' Bridge is put together. A number of guys went up today to get started on things and not like normal things went way better then expected . We still are going up tomorrow at the same time , leaving Grace Lake at 9:00 am. We need to install the wood stringers. The excavator will be pulling the bridge across at 1:00 pm. So if you were planning on coming up still do and do a little work enjoy a BBQ and watch the bridge be pulled.

quadite

Post by quadite » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Just a heads up there seems to be an accident or something on the lougheed between maple ridge and mission, and the eastbound lane is stopped dead.

westcoastjack

Post by westcoastjack » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:19 am

That's Walian bridge. Anyway. Newly christened bridge video now on youtube. I named video for the honourary designation. John Sloan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdRIQ4U ... e=youtu.be
get dirty,clean,repeat

John S

Post by John S » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:06 am

Bridge is across!

All went good. Here are some pictures.

A picture from the bridge.

westcoastjack

Post by westcoastjack » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:38 am

Here's the new bridge making it's way across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1ZU1IdrDM
get dirty,clean,repeat

John S

Post by John S » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:04 am

I would like to thank everybody that came out in the last couple days and also the other ones who have come out at some time to make this bridge happen. I would also like to make the point to thank Kim for camping with the excavator since Wednesday, being security. :D

We will be posting up in the next little while a volunteer party to lay the decking which will complete the bridge.

itsmeken

Post by itsmeken » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 pm

We will be cutting the planking to length this Saturday at Kims place in Yarrow, 10am start...if all goes well Cal will pick up the load on Sunday morning and we'll install the bridge deck. If you would like to help out, send me a pm or post here and I will get you the details.
Should be about a 2 hours job, and I will bring a 10' x 10' shelter.
There will be an announcement regarding the decking party. :D

Arrel

Post by Arrel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:15 am

So impressed with the bridge that resulted from all of your efforts. Thought there may be some interest in knowing that we took advantage of brilliant weather, and the bridge, to ride the mountain in the Commander today. Although there is clear evidence of all the rain and wind in the area over the past week, the bridge, albeit frosty, stands strong. Thanks again to all those responsible.