Jan. 2 ride

Went for a great ride and want to share your day with a trip report? Post here. Please make sure to use the date and area in the title please, so others may find it with a search.

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

Greg P

Jan. 2 ride

Post by Greg P » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Great day for a ride up Harrison. The sun shone all day, and perfect conditions in the snow. We are very limited as to how far in elevation we can ride. There is too much snow to ride Simms. The new bridge is still doable for now, and makes a nice little loop. Another great ride with a very good group of riders. It's one of the best rides for me in a long time. Thanks.

John S

Re: Jan. 2 ride

Post by John S » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:14 pm

When you say one of the best rides you have been on for a long time, I was sure you were going to say it was the Grand Tour Ride.

itsmeken

Re: Jan. 2 ride

Post by itsmeken » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:23 am

I think Greg just meant it was the best ride he's been on this year?.. :cheesygrin:
And yeah it was certainly a fun ride, especially up Walian, over the new bridge and down Hale...sure hope we can keep that open over the winter!
Actually, after that epic "Grand Tour" before Christmas; A ride around the back yard seems like a truly wonderful experience....
That being said, it's always fun learning all about Polaris belt replacement techniques , I'm thinking a throttle governor might be a good idea for those things?...or a miniature thottle shock absorber ?..hmm..partially block off the exhaust pipe?.. ...or perhaps install quik release toggles all round the clutch casing, ooh and a built in rear electric jackscrew for "easy lift" trail repair? I gotta admit though; you're getting good at it John!.. :mrgreen:
About as good as I am getting at putting "Humpty Dumpty" back together....again...;-) .