May 3rd W Harrison

Went for a great ride and want to share your day with a trip report? Post here. Please make sure to use the date and area in the title please, so others may find it with a search.

Moderators: Loose Ends, John S

behr

May 3rd W Harrison

Post by behr » Sun May 04, 2014 1:53 am

We had a great little 67km ride today. Riders (White Rock, Reidler, Greg P., It's Me Ken, Fallen Angel and Behr)

6 in and 6 out without any issues other than breaking through snow crusts here and there rendering high center syndrome.

Weaver Loop. No snow issues to worry about. Could use a little brushing.

Dax trail to Hemlock. Not really doable yet because of snow but getting there. it will also need a little brushing

Lower trails were in pretty good shape such as Stick Trail, Swap Trail, Woods Trail (or as I refer to it as the Enchanted Forest with trees that move in front of me :shrug: )

Power Line trail is naturally good.

I didn't take any pics but we did get a fair bit of video footage to go through later.

behr

Re: May 3rd W Harrison

Post by behr » Sun May 04, 2014 3:09 pm

This vid was from DAX trail towards Hemlock. It's not that exciting but it shows the snow condition at higher altitude as mentioned before. Crunchy and slippery on top, slushy inside from rain and once one breaks through it's easy to get high centered. Thinking it was easier for me breaking trail gently than for those behind me. Got hungup pretty good going back.

As far as we got
http://youtu.be/6omojj7v0Iw